Please take the world from my shoulders
Help me find the river among the boulders
If you could do this before I get any older
Before for my son sees what a tired man will do
To shake the cake of dust from his shoes
Rust gathered waiting long for my canoe
Because I'm all set on paddles you see
The ironic thing is I'm missing the creek
Like a dry season needs the clouds to leak
All around me this thirst has beset
Not a drop of rain has graced me yet
Is it something I'm too hard headed to get
So here I stand on the banks of a drought
Pleading "Oh Atmosphere, help me out!"
Then a thunder rolled that erased all doubt
Oooh, Oh how I pray
For a love filled sky
For some paradise
Oooh, to open it gates
To focus its gaze
On our field so dry
That our seeds might grow
And our souls can fly
We sneak into this world like a mouse
Then during the escape burn down the house
Nothing on earth could that flame ever douse
For a moment of pleasure we trade the rest of our life
Spend ten million dollars for a ten minute wife
Sharpen our tongues till they cut like a knife
We made disposable cups to will last forever
With opposable thumbs we could do much better
We love to talk of justice but have not met her
And I'm sure we'll cheat her if we ever do
That is the only thing I ever knew
About myself at least this much is true
Still I beg for a lifeboat to appear in the flood
pull me from this stick in the mud
I'll gladly bail out the sweat and the blood
Just keep it afloat till we reach heavens shore
With eyes on the lighthouse that shines evermore
I'll kiss that sand like I've kissed nothing before
Oooh, Oh how I pray
For a love filled sky
For some paradise
Oooh, to open it gates
To focus its gaze
On our field so dry
That our seeds might grow
And our souls can fly
Oooh, Oh how I pray
For a love filled sky
For some paradise
Oooh, to open it gates
To focus its gaze
On our field so dry
That our seeds might grow
And our souls can fly

No comments:
Post a Comment