Monday, September 14, 2026

Burn

I don't have a face for the screen
I don't have a voice for the stage
I can't play the keys or the strings
But the pen in my hand is a blaze
The words in my head gasoline
One spark is all that it takes
To engulf every page in the flames

So Burn

Burn, baby, burn
I need to feel the heat

Burn, baby, burn
Let that fire reach the peak

Burn, baby, burn
Burn it all away
This average man in the street

Now, this ain't the screen for my face
This ain't the stage for my voice
Please grant me a molecule of grace
This might’ve been my only choice
The pen in my hand pleads my case
The thoughts in my head they escape
One star is all that it takes
To defeat the darkness of space

So Burn

Burn, baby, burn
I need to feel the heat

Burn, baby, burn
Let that fire reach the peak

Burn, baby, burn
Burn it all away
This average man in the street

If my face wasn’t built for the screen
Does that mean I must remain unseen

If my voice doesn’t ring for the stage
Does that mean I’ve got nothing to say

When the words in my head need to bleed
the pen in my hand is the blade

So Burn

Burn, baby, burn
I need to feel the heat

Burn, baby, burn
Let that fire reach the peak

Burn, baby, burn

So burn

Burn, baby, burn

Burn it all away
This average man in the street

No comments:

Post a Comment